With Christmas around the corner I have been itching to try out some festive make up looks and I was quickly inspired by Vegas.com to create something bold and sparkly. In today’s post I am going to be transitioning a neutral makeup look from day to night, so that no matter the time of day, or what you’re doing, you can be Vegas ready with a festive spin, so whether your Christmas parties are in Vegas or not, hopefully it’s a makeup look we can all wear.
For the day part of my makeup look I used my current everyday makeup which I wear to work. In fact, when I did my makeup for this blog post, I had gone to work then come home to quickly get ready for my work Christmas night out (unfortunately, no trip to Vegas for me at the current time, but you can find some lovely deals here). This makeup look would be perfect if you were going on a Las Vegas tour as it’s light and won’t leave you worrying all day about the current state of your makeup.
Because in the evening I knew that I would be adding a bold lip as well as glitter onto the eyes, I kept the eyes quite natural in terms of eyeshadow shadesand paired them with a similar lip colour which I feel compliments the eyes really well. The products I used for this look are:
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden which is superb at keeping my eyeshadow and eyeliner in tact all day long
- Urban Decay Naked Smoky eyeshadow palette in which I used the matte shades on the right third of the palette…
Thirteen I put all over my lid and up to my eyebrow to set the eye primer and then I put Combat lightly in the crease and onto the lid. Next I used Whiskey lightly in the crease and went over this a bit with Password which I also focussed on putting on the outer corner of my eye and on my lower lash line. As I mentioned, I was aware I would be putting on a bright lip later in the day and I wanted the look to be quite cool toned and simple which is why I selected these shades. After my eyeshadow I next used:
- Soap and Glory Kiss Ass Concealer for my under eye areas
- L’Oreal Paris Super Liner Perfect Slim in Intense Black
- Soap and Glory Thick and Fast Mascara
- L’Oreal Paris False Lash Sculpt Mascara
- Rimmel Lasting Finished 25 Hour Nude Foundation
- Miss Sporty Perfect Stay Concealer to brighten the under eye areas
- Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
- Soap and Glory Archery Brow Pencil
- Rimmel Brow This Way Clear Brow Gel
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer from the Blushing’ Babe giftset pictured to the right:
- And finally I exfoliated my lips with the LUSH Sugar Plum Fairy lip scrub, put a dot of my trusty Collection Lasting Perfection concealer on my lips to help my lipstick last longer and the lipstick I used was MAC Spirit which has a satin finish.
When I got home from work about eight hours later, my makeup was still in pretty good condition. Most of my lipstick had faded, but this didn’t bother me since I had planned on switching it for a new one and my eyes weren’t in too bad condition either. I added a little more of Password and Combat from my Naked Smoky palette and blended them in before getting to work on my eyeliner.
It’s Christmas, I had to include some silver glitter and so I went for the Collection Glam Crystals Gel Liner in Glitz and applied this on top of my black eyeliner from earlier. However, I didn’t want to get rid of the black completely, so using the same black eyeliner as before I darkened up the wings and put a thin line of black close to the lash line.
As you can probably guess from the above photo, I did top up my mascara and my powder and then I thought I would add some highlight into this look. I selected theBalm‘s Mary-Lou Manizer highlighter because of its cool undertone and finally I applied my lipstick. It’s Christmas, so naturally I went for a bold red, this being MAC Russian Red which has to be my all time favourite bright red lipstick. I also love a good red lipstick on a night out, so I feel like it would definitely put me in the mood for a night in a Las Vegas nightclub or at a Cirque du Soleil show.
So those are my Christmas Day to Night Makeup looks! I hope you all like it and are enjoying all the blogmas posts so far this month.
And don’t forget, Vegas.com contributed towards the idea of this blog post, so if you’re off to Vegas soon, or even are thinking of planning a trip there, their website has information on hotels, shows, attractions etc. and is definitely worth checking out!
How do you transition your makeup from day to night during the festive season?