“You can talk with someone for years, everyday, and still, it won’t mean as much as what you can have when you sit in front of someone, not saying a word, yet you feel that person with your heart, you feel like you have known the person for forever…. connections are made with the heart, not the tongue.” – C. JoyBell.
I don’t usually do many everyday makeup looks. The reasons for this is that a lot of the time when I wear it, I always go for a bright or dark lipstick which isn’t always daytime appropriate. Wearing eye-catching colours at eleven in the morning doesn’t bother me, but I know that some people are not as comfortable doing that, plus, it just doesn’t look like daytime makeup.
However, my routine has changed a little recently. Throughout November and December all I wore were nude shades of lipstick because of work. As a result of this I now own more nude shades of lipstick than before (check out my favourites nude lip products here) and I’ve gotten more comfortable wearing them. Also wearing a nude lip has given me more opportunities to be experimental with my eye makeup. I have especially loved doing this since I have greatly been loving the Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette; I have literally used it every single day for the last month.
Due to my new found love of nude lipsticks and plenty of experimentation throughout the past month, I have found a combination of eyeshadows paired with this lipstick which I really love for an everyday winter makeup look which I decided to film for you guys:
After covering my eyelids with sparkly eyeshadow all throughout December I opted for matte eyeshadow for this look. I also generally much prefer wearing matte eyeshadows in the daytime as they feel so much more wearable. For those wishing to recreate this look I have listed all the products below including exactly which eyeshadows I used.
- Maybelline The Eraser Eye concealer
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation
- Collection Lasting Perfection concealer
- Rimmel Stay Matte powder
- Bourjois Bronzing Powder
- Tanya Burr Rosy Flush Cheek Palette blusher
- Rimmel Brow This Way Styling Gel in clear.
- Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette (Combust in crease and over the lid and Thirteen over the brow bone and blended down into Combust)
- Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 Palette (Cover in crease, Primal on the out corner and lash line and Frisk over the inner two third of the lid)
- Soap and Glory Supercat eyeliner
- Benefit Roller Lash mascara (mine is drying out so I used another mascara over the top for extra length and volume)
- Revlon Lash Potion.
- Rimmel Lasting Finish Kate Nude Collection in the shade 43.
I hope you enjoyed this makeup look. Let me know in the comments below what your everyday winter makeup consists of!
Also, don’t forget to give my video a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel if you enjoyed it.