“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” – J.R.R. Tolkien.
After receiving the Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette for Christmas I knew that I would have to use it at some point for a tutorial. In the video below I have created an everyday eye look which I have frequently been wearing the past couple of weeks. This is a look you can either dress down with a nude lipstick or dress up with a bright one like I did in this video. I hope you enjoy it.
As you will have seen in the video, the first lipstick I experimented with was Rimmel’s The Only 1 Lipstick in shade 800 Under My Spell. I don’t know how you felt when I put the lipstick on, but I personally don’t think it went well with the gold on my eyes; it was too pink.
The second lipstick is an old favourite so I knew it must be a safe back up and I love it, so after trying to remove the previous lipstick I put on Rimmel’s Kate Matte Lipstick in 107.
Obviously, I had put the rest of my makeup on before starting the video since I just wanted to focus on using the eyeshadow palette, but for details on the makeup products I used, here you go:
- Maybelline The Eraser Eye concealer in Light.
- Rimmel Match Perfection foundation in 100 Ivory.
- Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Silky Beige.
- Bourjois Bronzing Powder in 52.
- Benefit Rockateur blusher.
- Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Black.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden.
- Urban Decay Naked Smoky palette (shades Combust, Thirteen, Armor, Radar, Dirtysweet).
- Soap and Glory Supercat eyeliner in Carbon Black.
- Bourjois Stylo Liner in Ultra Black.
- Benefit Rollerlash mascara.
- No7 Dramatic Lift mascara.
- Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in 2 Cool Medium.
- Lipstick as mentioned above.
I hope you enjoyed this makeup tutorial and to see more I have created my YouTube channel will be linked below.
If you are interested in more looks you can create with the Naked Smoky palette, I am hoping to create another video soon so make sure you’re following and subscribed so that you don’t miss it!