“Bucket list: a number of experiences or achievements that a person hopes to have or accomplish during their lifetime.”
I believe that a bucket list is never complete because as you go through life you are always finding new experiences which you want to experience for yourself. Furthermore, over time your choices change. When I was younger I would never have considered going to London to see a show, but now I want to see them all. When I was younger, I didn’t know what Holi, the festival of colour and a major festival in India, was, but guess what, it’s on my bucket list. This doesn’t mean that a bucket list can never be completed, but it can always be added to and I know that over the years I shall definitely be adding to my bucket list, but hopefully crossing lots off too.
As a lover of lists I always wanted to write a proper bucket list, so here it is:
- Experience a sunrise on the beach.
- Fly in a hot-air balloon.
Get a tattoo. August 2014. Go on the London Eye. October 2011, school trip.
- Go stargazing.
- Have my own personal library in my house.
- Learn how to do an origami dragon.
- See the Northern Lights.
- See Mamma Mia! in theatre.
- Travel around Italy.
Try and be a vegetarian. 2010, lasted five months. Try archery. 2007, residential trip with school to the Isle of Wight.
- Visit Amsterdam.
- Visit Australia.
- Visit Austria.
- Visit Florida and be able to actually remember it (I went when I was seven, but don’t remember it well).
- Visit India and attend Holi.
- Visit New York.
- Visit Paris.
Visit Rome and see all the sights. 23/07/15 – 26/07/15.
- Watch all of the Harry Potter movies in a row, preferably with a friend.
This is by no means a complete list and I shall definitely be adding to it for years to come. In the future I will also be adding this as a page on my blog, so that I can update it as things happen.
What is on your bucket list?