A big thank you goes to Every Word You Say for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award. To see her blog and post on this award please click here, I really advise that you do so because her blog is amazing.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
- Write a post to show off your award. Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post. Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above.)
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
- Lisa Tiller
- I Will Never Own Enough Books
- Girl, reading
- What’s She Reading?
- Aurie Glow
- Real Life Snapshots
- Make Up World
- Reading With Natalia
- Tumbling into Wonderland
- Callum McLaughlin
- Claire Elsley
- Write me a book, John!
- The Book Blogger
- Pastel Pink Days
- Miss Ky
How my blog started:
I first started my blog because I enjoyed writing, but I was no good at fiction, so I wanted somewhere that I could write about whatever I wanted and whatever was going on in my life at that moment. However, my blog didn’t last long like this and it went dormant for a while. A few months ago I revisited my blog and made some big changes. After having written book reviews on Goodreads, I realised that I liked it and decided that I would share them on my blog and since then my blog has grown into what it is today.
As I mentioned before, my first attempt at blogging did not go well and did not last long at all. Part of this is because I never knew what to blog about and I wanted to be able to post weekly, so I gave up because I had nothing to discuss. As a result of this, my first piece of advice is to blog about what you’re interested in. Are you interested in books? There are endless books out there and you don’t just have to write reviews. Are you interested in beauty? There are so many makeup products out there which you can do just about anything with. Are you interested in cooking? There are millions of recipes, or chuck some ingredients in a pot and let it simmer, then let us know your conclusions. Write about whatever you please and whatever makes you happy. If you aren’t interested in what you’re writing about, it will be hard to keep not only your readers interested, but yourself too.
My second piece of advise is to plan. I personally found writing a plan extremely helpful. I also have a notepad full of ideas to write weekly. For example, topics for my Friday Favourites and within that different products and nail art themes and different tag posts I want to write etc. Being organised has ensured that I always have something to write about that I want to write about and at the same time inspires me to think of more ideas.
A final thank you goes out to Every Word You Say for this award, I really appreciate it. If you haven’t seen her blog yet there is a link at the top and the posts are well worth a read.
I hope everyone enjoyed this post and finds the advice helpful.