Thank you very much Pajamareader for nominating me for this award. I have attached a link so, everyone, make sure you check Valerie’s blog out.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Answer all the questions given to you by your nomination.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
1. What is your dream job?
My dream job is to be an author. I love writing, but I never have anything to write about. What I enjoy about blogging is that I can write posts on particular themes such as beauty, nails and, of course, books. As of yet, I still haven’t been inspired by an idea for a potential book or anything so this job remains a dream. I do also have a second dream connected to my interest in psychology and that is to be a counsellor or something in that area.
2. If you had to eat one thing for the rest of your life what would you choose?
Pizza. I love pizza so much.
3. What is your favourite song? Why?
I don’t exactly have a favourite song, but I do have a big love for Mr Brightside by The Killers. I love how this song unites people and it just makes me so happy when I hear it, especially when I’m surrounded by my best friends and we’re screaming the lyrics. I also have many great memories associated with this song and it always makes my night.
4. How many blankets do you sleep with?
None I suppose, unless a duvet counts? I only sleep with my duvet. If it is really cold I may have one extra blanket, but I haven’t used that in years.
5. What’s your favourite hot drink?
Here is where you find out that I don’t fit the typical stereotype attached to British bookworms. I hate hot drinks and yes, that includes tea. Hot drinks make me and my stomach feel weird and I don’t like it so I stick to cold drinks.
6. What are your favourite kind of books (fantasy, contemporary, dystopian, etc.)?
I love a mixture of everything, but I do love young adult books and fantasy possibly the most. At least, that’s what I mostly tend to read.
7. Where’s your favourite reading spot?
My bed! When I first moved into my house two and a half years ago I did intend to create a reading spot in my [walk-in] wardrobe. I set up blankets and toys and made it cosy, but just always ended up on my bed.
8. What is your favourite book quote?
This is possibly the toughest question I could be asked. I love quotes and as you can gather from my book reviews, I collect them when reading a book. To pick a favourite would be like picking a favourite child. As a result of this I am going to use a quote I enjoyed from a book which I am currently reading:
“Life is only precious because it ends, kid.” – Mars from The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan.
9. Who is an inspiration to you?
Usually, I respond to these questions saying that my mum is my inspiration. However, this time I am going to say that my best friend is someone who inspires me. We have been best friends for just over four years now and throughout that time she has had to deal with so much from physical pain to parents splitting up to mental illness. She is also the most selfless person I know, even though she doesn’t always realise it. She is friendly and kind and caring, she is funny and sarcastic. My best friend inspires me to be strong and brave in difficult times. She inspires me to be selfless and a good person as she demonstrates how no matter what hand you’ve been dealt in life, you can always behave like a decent human being towards others.
10. What is your favourite season? Why?
I almost made the mistake of saying “of what?” as in “of what TV show?”. Any way, my favourite season is autumn, especially early autumn where it’s still a little warm from summer. I love the colours associated with this time of year and the trees and the crunch of the leaves beneath your feet when you go for a walk. Also, it is the season of Halloween!
11. Do you like Carmex or Burtes bees chap stick?and if not what is it?
I have never tried either, but I am currently using Babylips by Maybelline and I love it. You can get different variations of it with different tints and scents. The cherry and orange ones are possibly my favourites out of those I’ve tried.
- Life of a Book Blogger
- The Painted Panda
- Lighthouse & Wanderer
- Journal of a Bibliophile
- Just Me
- Belinda O
- Amanda Under Construction
- Galaxy Queen of Books
- Miss Ky
(I’m sorry, all the other people I follow have over 200 followers so I have to stop at nine.)
1. What was the last movie you watched? Did you like it?
2. What is your favourite pudding?
3. How many books have you read so far this year?
4. What is your favourite TV show?
5. What country do you most want to visit?
6. What was your first job?
7. How did you decide on the name for your blog?
8. What is your favourite topic/tag to follow on WordPress?
9. What is your favourite Disney movie?
10. Who was your first celebrity crush?
11. While answering these questions, where are you? (In your bedroom, a cafe, your study etc.)
Have fun and another thank you for my nomination!