I was nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award by Pastel Pink Days. Thank you so much for this nomination, I must admit that I am very surprised as this is my first ever nomination for an award. Everyone please check out her blog too, I have attached a link to her blog to her name.
UPDATE: I have also been nominated for this award by Ashley from mysomewhatbeautyblog. Thank you for this nomination, I really appreciate it and definitely recommend that you all check out her blog too.
UPDATE #2: I have had the good fortune to receive a third nomination for this award, this time from Emily at Tumbling into Wonderland. Thank you so much for this nomination.
1) Thank and link the blogger who nominated you.
2) Answer the questions the nominator has provided.
3) Nominate 10 other bloggers.
4) Create 10 questions for your nominees and notify them of their nomination.
The questions from Pastel Pink Days:
1. What made you want to start up a blog?
I started up a blog because I have always loved writing, but I’ve never had the talent nor the creativity for writing my own book. I also just loved the thought of having a blog, somewhere I could make posts on any subject I wanted and share my thoughts and feelings. I am also a big reader and thought that while I wouldn’t write my own book, I could read those which already exist and review them so this way I kind of get the best of both.
2. State one cool fact about yourself?
Wow, this reminds me of those ice breakers you always get at the beginning of the school year. Just like then, I am at a loss of what to say. My fall back response is usually that I am a quarter Indian because it’s something that people tend to be surprised to hear. So, does that count as a cool fact?
3. Favourite colour?
4. Do you have a talent if so what is it?
I don’t think so. I know my family and friends might say my nail art, but I’m not sure I would class it as a talent. I mean, I know lots of people who are so much better than me in the nail art department.
5. What’s your favourite TV show?
This is a tough one because I watch so much TV. I wake up earlier than I need to every morning so that I can watch new episodes of TV and any free moment I have is either with a book in my hand or sat on Netflix. The Vampire Diaries was the TV show that first got me, well, addicted to television; however, I want to say Friends because it’s just a classic!
6. Have you ever been abroad, if so where?
I have been to America (Florida and Boston), Spain (multiple times, mostly to Salou, but I have visited Barcelona), France (Disneyland Paris) and Tenerife.
7. Do you have any pets?
My dad has a dog, but I never know whether to count her as my own or not. Because I love her, I am going to say yes!
8. Where is your favourite place to shop for beauty products?
Definitely Boots! However, they do not sell Urban Decay or MAC, so otherwise it would be Debenhams.
9. Where is your favourite place to shop for clothes?
10. Twitter or Instagram?
I used to be rather obsessed with Twitter, but that has died down over the past few months. Now I find myself preferring Instagram as I find a lot of nail art inspiration on there as well as books!
The questions from Ashley:
1. What is your favourite post you have made?
I am not entirely sure what my favourite post would be, although I remember enjoying writing Summer Lipstick Favourites. I love lipstick so I was rather enthusiastic about this post and informing everyone of my favourite lipsticks for this season. However, I did also very much enjoy doing the Harry Potter Tag, after all, I love Harry Potter.
2. Who is your favourite beauty guru?
This is a tough one, but possibly either Zoella or Essie Button.
3. What kind of pets do you have?
I never know whether to include this as a pet or not, but my dad has a dog, though I don’t live with him. My dad always says that she counts. Anyway, this dog is a Collie cross German Sheppard named Lucy.
4. What’s one thing you want your followers/readers to know about you?
I’m not really sure. I am a bit of an open book, hence the length of my About page.
5. What is the thing you are most proud of in your life?
Another difficult question, but one thing I am proud of is how I have changed as I’ve grown older. Over the past seven years or so I have become a much more confident and independent person and I am happier for it.
6. What advice do you wish you knew/listened to when you were younger?
One piece of advice which I hear every now and then recently is that you shouldn’t worry about what other people think of your appearance because they don’t care as they are too preoccupied worrying about their own appearance.
7. If you could have a coffee date with anyone in the world, who would you choose it to be with?
Wow, big question and I have no idea how to go about answering this question. Part of me says Ian Somerhalder because I was a massive fan of his for years, but now I’m not so sure because there are so many other people out there…
8. Favourite thing in the room you are currently in?
I think it would have to be my phone because I can do everything on there, including reading.
9. Top 5 songs of all time?
- Mr Brightside by The Killers.
- Bring Me To Life by Evanescence.
- Innocent Eyes by Delta Goodrem.
- All I Need by Within Temptation.
- Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion.
10. What superpower would you want?
I would love to be able to fly! Or the ability to read minds at selected moments of selected people.
The questions from Emily:
1. What are your top 3 books that you have read this year?
2. What are your most anticipated books to be released for this year? (I won’t be mean and cap you on this one!)
If I’m honest, I’m not entirely sure. I cannot think of something on the spot, especially when I have so many books in a pile next to me which I have yet to read.
3. What is your favourite film?
I don’t know, but I always answer this question with The Perks of Being a Wallflower because I have probably watched it the most times.
4. Sweet or Savoury?
5. What book have you read more times than any other?
6. Do you organised your books/DVDs in a certain way? How?
Alphabetically by author for books, then title and just by title for DVDs.
7. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
8. What was the last thing to make you laugh?
Lee Mack on Duck Quacks Don’t Echo.
9. Do you remember your dreams? What was your last one about?
Rarely, so I don’t really remember my last dream.
10. What is your greatest achievement to date?
- Amanda Under Construction
- Belinda O
- Just Me
- I Have Lived A Thousand Lives
- The Polish Squirrel
- The Painted Panda
- Every Word You Say
- A Touch of Everything
1) What makes you motivated to blog?
2) What is your favourite thing to write about on your blog?
3) What is your favourite food?
4) If you had to pick a favourite book, what would it be?
5) What was the last song you listened to?
6) What item is closest to you at this very moment (excluding what you are sat on and using to answer this question)?
7) Do you have any tattoos?
8) What are you currently reading?
9) Do you prefer going to a shop to buy items or buying them online?
10) What are you next looking forward to?